Remy Sharp's Reviews > All Systems Red

All Systems Red by Martha Wells

Love it. Witty, humourous, original and fresh.

The title of "Murderbot Diaries" is what caught my curiosity. The story is told directly from the point of view of the murderbot which makes for a utterly new take on the alien-type stories where shit (always) goes bad.

The murderbot itself is an really refreshing take on the future of bots, who through first "person" storytelling, mostly wants to be by itself, avoids talking about it's feelings, dislikes any eye contact and general doesn't really give two hoots about anything except for their TV binge watching.

I really enjoyed this short story, reading it in (about) one sitting on holiday. Now the only downside is that it _is_ a short, I finished it so quickly and I don't get to enjoy more of the murderbot protagonist. I guess I'll be buying the other three books (though for anyone considering this book, this short book stands alone and you don't need to invest in the full series).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Systems Red.

June 23, 2018 – Shelved
June 23, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
June 30, 2018 – Started Reading
July 1, 2018 –
62.0% "Absolutely loving it so far. Fresh story telling. Humourous and witty. Just a shame it's a short, though there's 4 books written so carry, so definitely going on my shopping list."
July 1, 2018 – Finished Reading