Iris's Reviews > Summer Bird Blue

Summer Bird Blue by Akemi Dawn Bowman

Wow. This book was stunning. It took my heart and shattered it into a million pieces, and then it healed it again. This book was gorgeous and amazing and I'm just completely blown away.

I don't even know how to review this book.

I don't think I am capable of reviewing this book.

Summer Bird Blue is a masterpiece. It's heartbreak, and it's healing. Its beautiful. Really truly beautiful.

Akemi Dawn Bowman is an amazing writer. The writing is spectacular! Really really spectacular.

And the characters were so vivid, so real. Oh my god. This book was just... wow.

I give up. I'm not giving this a full on review. I'm simply not capable. This book is gorgeous and painful and 100% worth your time. I am in awe.

***Initial Reaction, December 24, 2018***

Wow. This book was gorgeous and stunning and heartbreaking. It was just... so powerful. And beautiful. And painful. Really really painful. RTC.

***Pre-Review, June 23, 3018***

After reading Starfish, this has gone from a book vaguely on my radar, to one of my most anticipated releases. Can I have this now please?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer Bird Blue.

June 23, 2018 – Shelved
June 23, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
December 8, 2018 – Started Reading
December 8, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "I'm sooooo excited to finally read this! One of my most anticipated releases of the year!

And let's just... pretend I haven't owned this since the week it released... in September... and am only finally getting around to reading it..."
December 8, 2018 –
page 14
3.73% "Two chapters in and already I'm crying. This is why I've been procrastinating reading this book. But OH it's SO GOOD!"
December 19, 2018 –
page 115
30.67% "This book is heartbreaking and gorgeous!"
December 20, 2018 –
page 130
34.67% "I feel like this is... less gorgeously written than Starfish? Don't get me wrong, the writing is still beautiful, but I ADORED the writing style in Starfish and I feel like this one is just... tamer? And just... less gorgeous.

Still wonderful, I'm just a tad disappointed."
December 24, 2018 –
page 200
53.33% "This book is really really heartbreaking."
December 24, 2018 – Finished Reading