Alex Ristea's Reviews > The Complete Calvin and Hobbes

The Complete Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson

bookshelves: hardcover, library

My deep adoration and abiding love for Calvin and Hobbes is something that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

These comics influenced me as in my formative years, and it is no less delightful to come back to them over the years. Over the decades, the wit, social commentary, and understanding of childhood have not diminished.

They are timeless. They are eternal.

I'll tell you that I teared up at more than a few pages throughout, and the last panel is one that will be framed and hung up on my wall as art one day.

This edition is beautiful as a large coffee table book, and sure enough most of my mornings started off with a hot mug of Chemex coffee and a few dozen pages of Calvin and Hobbes.

In some ways, finishing the complete collection feels like goodbye, but in many ways it is not, since I know that I will be re-reading it until my final days.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Calvin and Hobbes.

December 4, 2011 – Started Reading
December 5, 2011 – Shelved
January 20, 2014 – Shelved as: hardcover
January 20, 2014 – Shelved as: library
January 20, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Darcy (new)

Darcy I'm always astonished at how thought provoking Calvin and Hobbes continues to be. And I love the fact that it is equally entertaining for children and adults. It really is a lot of fun to return to after years away.