Misty's Reviews > Haven

Haven by Mary Lindsey

bookshelves: favorites, sister-picks, reviewed

This book is a hidden gem! I can't believe it's not more popular. It's AMAZING! An absolute favorite! I can't wait to read it again!

This book could be considered either Young Adult or New Adult. It was amazing - so good! The story sucked you in from the very beginning. It had mystery, action, sexy romance, paranormal elements, and such amazing characters! It even had a really impressive theme of "hope and loyalty - of battling oppression and subjugation of those perceived as less." (That was a quote from the author included in Page Habit's annotated book box.) It was soooo good! I wish there was more; I wish it didn't have to end!

The narrator - Rain Ryland - is my new book boyfriend. I totally fell for him, and I absolutely loved being in his head! He was so precious and thoughtful and such a boy! The main girl, Freddie, is fierce and badass and whoa - I love her too! Another character that was awesome was Petra, who the author described as a cross between Abby from NCIS and Wednesday from Addams Family! She was so cool, and I love her!

I went from hating most of the other characters to loving them, off and on through the whole book. The author did such a good job of keeping us on our toes with who was the bad guy and who was just in a bad situation or even a bad mood. Ultimately, I ended up with a lot more favorite characters - Merrick! Ruby, Grant, Kurt, Thomas! She did such a good job of getting across the relationship between family, cousins, and friends - one minute they are super annoying and you want nothing more than to punch them in the face, but then the next they have your back and you have theirs. There was a lot of love in this book!

Hidden Gem! I swear this book is going right on my all time favorite books list!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haven.

Quotes Misty Liked

Mary Lindsey
“We all hold a monster inside. The only difference is what form it takes when freed.”
Mary Lindsey, Haven

Mary Lindsey
“He didn’t miss them. He didn’t miss any of his life, really, especially the last year. Time had simply been a bookmark. Something that held his place while he waited to finish the story.”
Mary Lindsey, Haven