Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)'s Reviews > Slayer

Slayer by Kiersten White

description

Thank you Edelweiss and Simon Pulse for sending a review copy in exchange for an honest review

Actual Rating: ★★★.5

“Being chosen is easy. Making choices will break your heart.”

When I found out this was going to be a think I squealed! I knew I had to add this to my TBR. And Simon and Schuster blessed me a few months ago with an ARC.

I took a bit long to finish this book but there is no denying that I was really enjoying it. It reminded me a bit of Vampire Academy. It was a bit slow and it took me a while to get into the story. Nina was an interesting main character. She was trying to discover who she really is and where she fits in the world. She was impulsive at times and I often wished I could tell her a few things, but she believed in herself more later on and I admired that. There was some Buffy trash talk though, and that really really annoyed me. It did change towards the end though.

The story was a tiny bit slow paced but there was some action in between and the last 100 pages were my favorite! That’s when I felt like the action really picked up. I can see where this is going and I honestly really really enjoyed this book! Well, there are still books to come and I’m really intrigued to find out what will happen next. The story ended in a sort of cliffhanger and only the coming books will tell what happens.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slayer.

June 22, 2018 – Shelved
November 1, 2018 –
page 51
November 2, 2018 –
page 161
39.85% "A bit slow but it's picking up now"
November 5, 2018 –
page 217
November 6, 2018 –
page 281
November 11, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-reading-challenge-list
November 11, 2018 – Shelved as: 4-star-reads
November 11, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Sylvie I’m so excited for this book, one of my most anticipated books of 2019.

Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura) Sylvie wrote: "I’m so excited for this book, one of my most anticipated books of 2019."

Really hope you enjoy it! 😍

message 3: by Kimberley (new) - added it

Kimberley Question. So do you need to have read the comics in order to understand the story or can you jump straight in from watching the tv series?

Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura) Kimberley wrote: "Question. So do you need to have read the comics in order to understand the story or can you jump straight in from watching the tv series?"

I havent read the comics and i didnt have any problems. There's always a little recap so you never feel lost.

Jamie :) So glad u like it! I got an ARC as well and really enjoyed it great review :)

Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura) Jamie :) wrote: "So glad u like it! I got an ARC as well and really enjoyed it great review :)"

Thank you! Going to check out your review 😊

message 7: by Emma (new) - added it

Emma Edwards Question, How do you sign up to get a ARC??for future refrance? Thanks

Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura) Emma wrote: "Question, How do you sign up to get a ARC??for future refrance? Thanks"

You can use two websites Netgalley and Edelweiss.plus