Juli's Reviews > Trapped in Room 217

Trapped in Room 217 by Thomas Kingsley Troupe

bookshelves: netgalley-arcs

I would like to thank NetGalley, the publisher and the author for my advanced copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

I had to just review this book - horror for middle-grade. Um, yes, please! I love how this series is based on real-life places and events. This was a fun read and I think it's perfect for that age group. I do wish the story would've been longer because I enjoyed it so much. Of course, it could've been scarier, too, but I realize that might not be appropriate for middle-grade. So, what I am trying to ask is, Thomas Kingsley Troupe, could you please write some adult horror? Wouldn't the Haunted States Series be perfect for that? You could have the middle-grade version and the adult version! I'd read both.

But back to this book. The Walters family temporarily moves in The Stanley Hotel and of course, get assigned room 217 - unbeknownst to them one of the most haunted rooms in America. Soon, Jayla and Dion noticed odd ongoings and start to explore the hotel. Both kids especially get attached to the female ghost appearing every night in their room. Why is she there? What does she want from them? With those questions in mind, the adventure begins and we learn the woman's story throughout the book. It's spooky and would be a perfect Halloween read - I am even thinking it would be great for reading it aloud during family time.

Trapped in Room 217 has me intrigued to check out the rest of the series and I hope you do, too.

See my blog (spoilers possible!) here: https://ichleseblog.wordpress.com/201....
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trapped in Room 217.

June 22, 2018 – Shelved