Energy's Reviews > River Rising

River Rising by John A. Heldt

54301934

Wow, where do I start? River Rising follows the Carson family and their adventures with time travel. Each family member is thoroughly explored, as they get dedicated chapters and weave in and out amongst each other's chapters.

The Carson kids, ranging from 27 down to 17, receive news through their oldest brother Adam that their parents have time traveled, and they follow their parents back to 1880's
Settling down in PA in hopes of discovering their parents, they discover so much more. Having to talk and live with the locals to garner more information about finding their parents fosters relationships between the Carsons and the town's people.

When you're nearing the end of the book, the title starts to kick in, which I think builds up a ton of suspense, it was so stressful! I needed to know if everyone that I had been rooting for were going to pull through.

The book is long and covers a lot of detail in the settings and the characters, which makes you like you personally know all the characters by the end of the book. This is a great first book in the series and I am looking forward to reading more of the Carson's adventures, very well done!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read River Rising.

June 18, 2018 – Started Reading