Sam Crescent's Reviews > Afon

Afon by Esther E. Schmidt

I have never read a book by Esther E. Schmidt, so I was nervous for a couple of reasons. The first, this was book 3 in the series, and the second, I’d not done a review in a very long time. Anyway, from the first page I was pulled into the story and I didn’t want to put it down.

Afon is one of the kind of guys I love. He’s loyal, strong, in control, and above all protective. Andy, the woman he wants has known pain and violence, and believes herself to be broken. This is not the case, not when it comes to Afon. He understands her. He gets her. Above all else, he wants to help her and to show her that she’s not broken, that he’s the right man for her. I like that she didn’t walk all over him and that he asserted his dominance but not in a mean kind of way, if that makes sense. It was necessary to get through to Andy, for her to see that he wants her and that he loved her more than anything. He also never judged her and did everything he could to help heal her.

I’ve not done a review in a very long time so I’m trying not to give away any spoilers. I picked this series up in book 3 and I don’t think you need to read the other books to enjoy this one. Of course, I’m going to because why not, I’m curious about the other characters.

This is a well written, captivating mafia romance. Thank you so much to Esther for allowing me to read an ARC of this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Afon.

Finished Reading