CaseyTheCanadianLesbrarian's Reviews > What You Want To See

What You Want To See by Kristen Lepionka

bookshelves: american, bisexual, fiction, mystery, queer, 5-stars

What a book!! Even better than the first in the series, which I also thought was great. I loved everything about it! Although I have to say I was a bit disappointed there weren't any short hot sex scenes in this book like the first one. I see what you're doing Lepionka, making me wait for it!!

Okay but seriously PI Roxane Weary is definitely one of my favourite fictional characters now. I also loved the complex characterization of her on-again off-again girlfriend Catherine, her (sort of?) ex Tom, a queer teen girl befriended in book 1, and all the secondary characters. This detective plot was complicated, layered, and a little hard for me to keep track of at times--keeping me on my toes! Murder and fraud!

I recently submitted an article listing queer fictional book characters I wanted to date, and I am kicking myself for not including Roxane. What was I thinking!? She'll have to go on the next list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What You Want To See.

June 20, 2018 – Shelved
June 20, 2018 – Shelved as: queer
October 20, 2018 – Started Reading
October 20, 2018 –
page 92
31.29% "I love how Roxane can't remember be her hipster upstairs neighbour's name and alternately calls her "Bridie," "Birdie," "Bluebell," and "Bluebird." Haha."
October 21, 2018 –
page 195
66.33% ""I needed a change of scenery. I walked over to the Olde Towne Tavern, where I sat at a table on the patio with a drink, a basket of nachos, and the county property databases, like the party animal I was."

Ha! Have I mentioned I love Roxane?"
October 21, 2018 – Finished Reading