Bookgasms Book Blog's Reviews > The Upside of Falling

The Upside of Falling by Meghan Quinn

bookshelves: ratula, missy

Meghan Quinn has honestly written herself a masterpiece with this book. The writing was so amazing and epic and I sit here overwhelmed with emotions after reading this book. Colby and Rory were fantastic. They were passionate and sexy and their back and forth banter (via letters) was charming. I could not get enough and that ending was OMG crazy and intense and just everything!!!

Colby was absolutely divine! He was the sum of everything I love in a military man - broody and stoic and closed off but once he gave love a chance, he was absolutely all in. And when he decided he was all in Rory did not see what was coming! He was just so romantic and glorious and *ALL THE SWOONS*. Without giving away any spoilers, I loved his story and the reason he was so focused on the Air Force and his initial reticence about getting involved with Rory. Likewise, I loved her persistence and the emotions that she evoked in him. But that ending- GOOD LORD! *DEAD* I seriously can't wait for book two to see how the duet concludes!!

All in all, this was fantastic! I urge EVERYONE to oneclick this today as it is intense, consuming and such an emotional book that will knock you flat out! Bravo! 5 stars! ~Ratula

***

Have you ever found yourself so driven to succeed, to do something big, that you’ve essentially block out everyone and everything until you complete your task? My husband calls this phenomenon “Missy reading every night—don’t attempt to speak to her because she won’t hear you.” Okay, I admit, I do get lost in a good book and depending upon my enjoyment, I may or may not hear if an explosion occurred outside my house. But anyway . . .

This is how Colby has lived the past four years. He’s bound and determined to make all his dreams come true, and nothing will get in the way of that. Until Rory.

Rory’s singularly focused on breaking through the protective barriers Colby has built around himself. She’s completely intrigued by Colby, intrigued by his resolve to push people away. And determined to really get to know the man underneath that hard shell.

And does she ever. But as they try to maneuver through their budding friendship and first hints of a relationship, can they work through what they both want out of life? Can they find a way to make it work?

So, I have to admit, while reading The Upside of Falling, yes, I was completely in the “don’t talk to me” zone. I couldn’t read it fast enough to see what happened between Colby and Rory. Would Colby realize that maybe just maybe letting Rory in wouldn’t really cause a distraction? And would Rory keep trying to break down Colby’s barriers to show him that love really could be worth it.

I found myself both cheering and cringing as their story progressed. Their romance was beautiful, loving and slowly built. I wanted to see them together, to really give things a chance to work. And I read with bated breath as their story unfolded. Be warned you may just want to have a drink or two handy, because you’re going to be taken on a crazy, wild ride! I cannot wait to see how things end up in The Downside of Love. ~ Missy, 4.5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Upside of Falling.

Finished Reading
June 20, 2018 – Shelved
June 20, 2018 – Shelved as: ratula
June 22, 2018 – Shelved as: missy

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Wendy'sThoughts Amazing review and sending hugs to hold you over