Dee's Reviews > The Night Eternal

F 50x66
Dec 04, 2011

liked it
Read in November, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Well, its over. And, like I thought, both Eph and his son die in the end. I thought too much time had elapsed since I had read the other two parts of the trilogy, but the authors did a good job of "reminding" their readers of what had gone before in the exposition of this book. Also, it was nice to get their final explanation of how the angels were really the ones who had been guiding mankinds' development since the beginning --- I guess this was first explained in book 2? That part could have used a little more reminding --- as I have forgotten what they said about it -- the few allusions did not bring it all back to me. So the explosion of the atomic bomb at the place where God had torn up Orzyeal's "body" destroyed him, and sent the Archangels back to God. I think I'll have to go back and read those secions of Book 2 to understand how this all evolved.

The action was full forward thrust --- lots of characters to follow,and maybe I just skipped the character development in order to follow the plot --- but I was left with a sense of not much of it in this book --- maybe they were all developed in earlier books? Anyway, the ending left me a little cold. Nora and Fet left to start over.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Eternal.