Alana ~ The Book Pimp's Reviews > Fifty Shades Darker

Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James

Dec 04, 2011

bookshelves: owned-books, bdsm, ebooks

"We aim to please, Miss Stelle." ...and boy does this book ever do so! If you've read the first book and enjoyed it, most likely you were among many that had to have this book almost immediately! Nothing else would do! I tried... oh, how I tried to find something else to appease me. I had book reviews to work on, personal "issues"... but the red room beckoned to me. "Read," it said, "you know you MUST know what happens..."

As with the first book, the same is true of this one. Emotional, romantic, soul-searching, psyche-exploring, mind-bending, "sex mad and insatiable" book! It's the perfect second book for the series. We still have a f$cked up 50 shades, awkward Ana... I laughed, I crying, I held my breath. I combusted with desire, and died a little when (view spoiler)

I love this book, I love this series. This book takes a significant step away from BDSM as a focus, and instead places it solely on the relationship between Christian and Ana. If you loved the first, you absolutely cannot miss this one!

Now, I must dance off to hole up in my own red room, with Christian and a brown braided leather riding crop. Once again, I say... if you are on the fence about this series- get off! It must be uncomfortable up there. Much less comfortable that the love story that unfolds in these pages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Darker.

Quotes Alana ~ The Book Pimp Liked

E.L. James
“His words make me squirm. He wouldn’t dare! He and his twitchy palm.”
E.L. James, Fifty Shades Darker

January 21, 2012 –
January 22, 2012 –
January 22, 2012 –
February 12, 2012 – Shelved as: ebooks

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) I loved book two as well. I didn't read any of book three this weekend. Savorying.