Liza Wiemer's Reviews > Rainy Day Friends

Rainy Day Friends by Jill Shalvis

3152001

This might be Jill Shavis's best novel yet!

If you read my book reviews, then you know that I absolutely love Jill Shalvis and read everything she writes. I adored her Lucky Harbor series.

But this novel? As I said, it may very well be her absolute BEST yet! (FYI: It also received a starred review from PW)

Although it's part of the Wildstone series, no need to read book one to love this. The setting is the same small town, but the characters are different.

Here's what I loved:
1. Lanie is one strong, incredible woman! After she discovers that he deceased husband was married to other women, Lanie seeks a fresh start. She takes a temporary marketing job working at the Capriotti Winery. The Capriotti family is so warm and welcoming—they make you a part of their family!
2. The Capriotti's,especially the matriarch, Cora, have hearts of gold. Thinking of Cora, I would have loved to have had her for a mom. Her love and kindness seem to know no boundaries.
3. Mark Capriotti - swoon. What a dad and I am a sucker for awesome dads. He has twin girls who are imperfectly perfect. I adore them. Mark has his own issues to deal with, but he figures them out. I love his relationship with Lanie.
4. THE BIG embarrassing moment! Hilarious! You have to read the novel to find out what it's about.
5. River. Such an amazing young woman who faces life's challenges with heart. She fits in beautifully with the Capriottis. Her connection with Lanie...this truly makes the novel heartbreaking and beautiful!
6. Realistic and sad portrayal of Lanie and her parents' relationship. Heartbreaking. Lanie had a lot to overcome.
7. HEA! Oh man. Do I love a fabulous HEA! Go Lanie! You are awesome, girl!

So, if you read contemporary romance, don't miss this!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rainy Day Friends.

June 2, 2018 – Started Reading
June 2, 2018 – Finished Reading
June 19, 2018 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Samantha (WLABB) I agree with everything you said. I used to think Lucky Harbor was my favorite, but if Shalvis focuses on the Capriotti family, Wildstone will become my new favorite.

Liza Wiemer So glad you thought so too!