Christina McDonald's Reviews > Do Not Disturb: Be careful who you let inside . . .

Do Not Disturb by Claire Douglas

Brilliantly claustrophobic and deliciously creepy, I absolutely loved Do Not Disturb. It’s one of those books that’s just great storytelling. Another absolutely gripping book by Claire Douglas in a classic Agatha Christy-style whodunit.

The story follows Kirsty, who moves to the Brecon Beacons with her husband and children to open a guesthouse. But nothing turns out as planned. When her cousin Selena arrives with her daughter after being estranged from Kirsty for so many years, things go from bad to worse. As everyone around her becomes a suspect in a murder, Kirsty becomes less certain their move from London was a good idea.

Douglas does a wonderful job painting the setting of the Brecon Beacons as breathtakingly beautiful, while simultaneously making it feel chilling and claustrophobic. The characters are well drawn and interesting and I often didn’t know who I could trust, even the children. The plot is fresh and intriguing with twists that kept me genuinely surprised.

Thank you to Netgalley for letting me read Do Not Disturb by Claire Douglas in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Do Not Disturb.

June 19, 2018 – Shelved