Iris's Reviews > More Than We Can Tell

More Than We Can Tell by Brigid Kemmerer

I really liked this. I loved Rev. I liked Emma. It was fun, and heartbreaking, and everything in between. I just had a few issues.

SHORT LIST OF THOUGHTS

- I love Rev! Rev is a sweet, broken, cinnamon roll of a character! And I LOVE HIM SO MUCH! And his DEVELOPMENT! And I LOVE HIM! And I HATE HIS DAD SO MUCH!

- Emma was a good enough character, if unremarkable.

- THE DECLAN AND JULIET MOMENTS! Perfection! They were probably my favourite parts of the book tbh. SO PERFECT AND WONDERFUL!

- The romance was SO GOOD! I shipped it so much!

- Okay, but... the book sort of vilified internet friendships, which irritated me so much. Like, Juliet was an idiot, for sure. She should not have done what she did... (view spoiler) ...but internet friendships aren't bad, and... also she just wouldn't be that dumb. And I would have liked an internet friendship that DIDN'T end poorly. That would have been nice.

- Also the ending was... overly climactic? It took an unnecessary turn in my opinion. It was a relationship based contemporary, and then it was like, never mind, let's take a really action packed turn, and do this! And why? It was so unnecessary, and I think it took away from the book, not added to it.

Still though, I loved this! The characters were great, the romance was great, and I really enjoyed the plot for the most part.

***Initial reaction, July 20, 2018***

Not as good as Letters to the Lost, but still pretty great! RTC.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Than We Can Tell.

June 18, 2018 – Shelved
June 18, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
July 20, 2018 – Started Reading
July 20, 2018 – Finished Reading
July 21, 2018 –
page 281
68.54% "I love this. A lot. THESE CHARACTERS!!! 😍😍"
July 21, 2018 – Shelved as: dark-and-gritty