Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore's Reviews > Vampire's Faith

Vampire's Faith by Rebecca Zanetti

Don't miss my podcast interview with Rebecca Zanetti!

Visit GraveTells Romance to read an excerpt from Vampire's Faith!

With an unexpectedly exciting opening scene, Vampire’s Faith plunges us right into Ronan Kayrs’s personal crisis, and boy does he make an entrance! Ronan reminded me of a vampire version of Thor, with that kingly stature—the one that says, ‘Follow me, peasant, and I’ll keep you safe’—and charming archaic speech.

How do you introduce an ancient hero to the modern world? With humor and cheek. And this story has that in spades. It was such a rush to be reading a Dark Protectors book again. I’d nearly forgotten just why I love this story world and these characters so much.

The story may be light and funny on the surface, but there are deeper themes at play. Prejudice is a learned evil, and Ronan’s long time away from the world has forced him into a different mindset, one focused on war and quick action.

And Ronan has a disturbingly clear understanding of the circle of life, of the rise and fall of technology and the greed of those who create it.

I’m a fan of the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning, and there were a few little similarities in this book that I found delightful. One of the things that draws me to the Dark Protectors universe is the way it approaches magic as advanced science. We see even more of that in Vampires Faith, and I loved getting to spend time with some of the characters from the original series, all grown up and standing strong.

Existing fans of the Dark Protectors series will not be disappointed! This book extends the original stories, striking off into a fresh, exciting series arc with new threats with old ties. Growly alpha males, family legacies, smart and independent women…everything you loved about the first seven stories is packed into this one as well. And Vampire’s Faith is a great entry point for readers new to the series—you should be able to jump right in without missing out on any important series details.

I’m always sad when I finish a Dark Protectors book. I love this story world and characters so much!

Visit GraveTells Romance to read an excerpt from Vampire's Faith!

Craving MORE?
Check out my podcast interview with Rebecca Zanetti and learn more fun details about the book and get a peek into what’s coming next for the series! She also gives some great advice on what to do when you meet your favorite author in person. Don’t miss this exclusive interview! Click below to listen, or find it on most podcasting platforms under the Infatuated Podcast, Season 1 Episode 7.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire's Faith.

June 8, 2018 – Started Reading