Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader's Reviews > The Perfect Friend

The Perfect Friend by Barbara Copperthwaite

bookshelves: 2018-reads, arcs, kindle-version, 2018-summer-reads

4 beguiling stars to The Perfect Friend! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Alex has lost it all. Her husband has moved out, and her children want nothing to do with her. All she has is her closest friend, Carrie, who she trusts implicitly. But should she?

Alex has anorexia, and she meets Carrie in a support group. Carrie has terminal cancer and likewise has no one to depend on other than Alex. It’s the perfect storm of circumstances to unite two needy best friends. Carrie also wholeheartedly trusts Alex, but should she?

If you like unreliable narrators, you’ve scored two here! The Perfect Friend is a quick, captivating read. At first I felt deeply for Alex and Carrie and their personal struggles, but then I was not sure where I was being led by these two! My inner skeptic put my guard up, but that did not keep from enjoying their story.

Overall, The Perfect Friend was an original and entertaining read, and it kept me beguiled from beginning to end.

Thank you to Bookouture for the ARC. The Perfect Friend will be published on July 6, 2018.

My reviews can also be found on my blog: www.jennifertarheelreader.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Friend.

June 18, 2018 – Shelved
June 18, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read-owned-books
June 18, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-reads
June 18, 2018 – Shelved as: arcs
June 18, 2018 – Shelved as: kindle-version
June 23, 2018 – Started Reading
June 23, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-summer-reads
June 28, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)

message 1: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Fab review as always Jennifer 😊

message 2: by KAS (new)

KAS Glad this was an entertaining read for you, Jennifer! Super review ;) 💕

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie Another terrific review!! 😊

message 4: by Antoinette (new)

Antoinette Great review, Jennifer. How do you manage to read so fast?

message 5: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Terrific review, Jennifer! Glad it was an entertaining read for you! xoxo

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Wonderful review, Jennifer!

message 7: by Jaline (new) - added it

Jaline Lovely - and beguiling! - review, Jennifer! 😊

message 8: by Suzy (new)

Suzy Fab review! I’ve been eyeballing this one Jennifer! Glad you enjoyed! 😊

message 9: by Zoeytron (new)

Zoeytron Good review, Jennifer. Bonus points for using the word "beguiled". Nice!

message 10: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Terrific review, Jennifer, I am trying so hard to resist adding more books, and you're not helping!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Maureen wrote: "Fab review as always Jennifer 😊"

Thanks, Maureen! I bet you know this already, but this is a UK author!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader KAS wrote: "Glad this was an entertaining read for you, Jennifer! Super review ;) 💕"

Thanks so much, KAS! I appreciate it! 💗

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Julie wrote: "Another terrific review!! 😊"

Thank you, Julie! 💕

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Antoinette wrote: "Great review, Jennifer. How do you manage to read so fast?"

Thanks, Antoinette! This was a really quick, shorter read, but being on vacation helps too! 😊

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Nazanin wrote: "Terrific review, Jennifer! Glad it was an entertaining read for you! xoxo"

Thank you, Nazanin! It was absorbing! 💕

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Brenda - Traveling Sister wrote: "Wonderful review, Jennifer!"

Thanks, B!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Jaline wrote: "Lovely - and beguiling! - review, Jennifer! 😊"

Thanks so much, Jaline!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "Fab review! I’ve been eyeballing this one Jennifer! Glad you enjoyed! 😊"

Thanks, Suzy! Uh oh, you’ve been tempted by NG? 😊 It’s an original story. I really enjoyed it!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Zoeytron wrote: "Good review, Jennifer. Bonus points for using the word "beguiled". Nice!"

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Cheri wrote: "Terrific review, Jennifer, I am trying so hard to resist adding more books, and you're not helping!"

Thank you, Cheri! You’ve been doing so well with resisting!

message 21: by Zoeytron (new)

Zoeytron Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader & Traveling Sister wrote: "Zoeytron wrote: "Good review, Jennifer. Bonus points for using the word "beguiled". Nice!"

Thanks, ZT! That means something coming from you because I often note your wordsmithery!"

;-)

Malia Great review! I'm looking forward to reading this for a blog tour soon!

message 23: by BernLuvsBooks (new)

BernLuvsBooks Needy BFFs, unreliable narrators, and lots of domestic/family drama - sounds good! Great review Jennifer. I've been watching this one but trying unsuccessfully to resist.

message 24: by Marialyce (new)

Marialyce Lovely review, Jennifer!

message 25: by Suzy (new)

Suzy Jennifer, yes I’m new to NG and it’s a serious addiction, but I love it! 💕😜

message 26: by Holly (new)

Holly  B (semi-hiatus until Jan) Sounds like good one💕

message 27: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Great review!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Malia wrote: "Great review! I'm looking forward to reading this for a blog tour soon!"

Thanks, Malia! I can’t wait to read what you think of it!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader (Bern) Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas wrote: "Needy BFFs, unreliable narrators, and lots of domestic/family drama - sounds good! Great review Jennifer. I've been watching this one but trying unsuccessfully to resist."

Thanks, Bern! It’s a hard one to resist!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Marialyce wrote: "Lovely review, Jennifer!"

Thanks, Marialyce!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "Jennifer, yes I’m new to NG and it’s a serious addiction, but I love it! 💕😜"

It really is, Suzy! It’s hard on us all but so fun! ♥️

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Holly wrote: "Sounds like good one💕"

It was fab, Holls! 💗

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Dianne wrote: "Great review!"

Thanks, Dianne!

message 34: by JanB (new)

JanB Great review Jennifer! I do like unreliable narrators so I will keep this in mind.

message 35: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Nice review! I love unreliable narrators. Adding it to my list. 😀

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader JanB wrote: "Great review Jennifer! I do like unreliable narrators so I will keep this in mind."

Thanks, Jan! They do keep you guessing!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Rachel wrote: "Nice review! I love unreliable narrators. Adding it to my list. 😀"

Thanks, Rachel! I hope you like it, too, if you end up reading it!

message 38: by DeAnn (new)

DeAnn Hmm, I do like unreliable narrators! Sounds like a good one. Thanks for the great review.

message 39: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Another great review, Jennifer!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader DeAnn wrote: "Hmm, I do like unreliable narrators! Sounds like a good one. Thanks for the great review."

Thanks, DeAnn! They keep you on your toes, don’t they?!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Deanna wrote: "Another great review, Jennifer!"

Thanks, Dee! 💗

message 42: by Fred (new)

Fred Shaw Lovely review Madam TarHeelReader!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Thanks, Tar Heel buddy! 🐑