Linda Strong's Reviews > Murder of a Lover

Murder of a Lover by Faith Martin

bookshelves: netgalley-2018, read-in-2018

MURDER OF A LOVER (HILARY GREENE, BK 13) by FAITH MARTIN

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A REVISED EDITION OF A BOOK FIRST PUBLISHED AS “A NARROW MARGIN OF ERROR.”

Hilary Green is back at work, investigating cold murder cases. Today she's been handed the file of a college student who was stabbed with a pair of scissors 10 years ago.

There are plenty of suspects as the student was well known to be a 'player'. He really liked the ladies .. married or single ... young or old ... male or female. He was always up for a new experience. Seems his life was full .. just someone cut it short.

Was it one of his sexual conquests? A boyfriend or girlfriend of one of his conquests? A parent looking at for his daughter? Greene has her hands full trying to sort this one out.

Meanwhile, she still has a stalker problem .. only he's becoming more insistent that she play his game. Along with letter and notes and filling her care with flowers, he's now sending her crosses with iniitals burned onto them. Who do these initials belong to? And what does that mean for Greene's safety?

This is a really good series ... I enjoy the character of Hilary Greene. She's more mature, settled into her life, more or less, and she's dedicated to finding closure for families and loved one of the victims. This time around, she has a new team ... the older retired policeman is in awe of Hilary. He knows class when he sees it. The younger guy is a trainee and is so appreciative of learning the ropes under Hilary's tutelage. The lone young female trainee has a thing for Hilary's boss ... but the boss seems to prefer the maturity of Hilary.

The stalker remains at large despite the efforts of Hilary and her boss to catch him in the act...leading to a cliff hangar. Hopefully this will be finalized in the next book of this series. I always look forward to seeing what happens next in Hilary's exciting life.

Many thanks to the author / Joffe Books / Netgalley / Books n All Publicity for the advanced digital copy of this crime thriller. Opinions expressed here are unbiased and entirely my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder of a Lover.

June 10, 2018 – Started Reading
June 10, 2018 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
June 10, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
June 10, 2018 – Shelved as: netgalley-2018 (Kindle Edition)
June 11, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
June 11, 2018 – Finished Reading
June 17, 2018 – Shelved
June 17, 2018 – Shelved as: netgalley-2018
June 17, 2018 – Shelved as: read-in-2018

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Great review! This one is on my list .... is it me or have I seen this exact cover on another book this year?

Linda Strong Cheryl wrote: "Great review! This one is on my list .... is it me or have I seen this exact cover on another book this year?"

Thanks! I see so many similar covers .,,, wouldn't be surprised if this one has been on another book :-)