Buttercupp77's Reviews > Shift

Shift by M.A. George

F 50x66

bookshelves: science-fiction

This is an incredibly well-written read. The author creates a multitude of worlds - each of which is interesting enough that I would have read about it on its own - and yet the story is cohesive.

The character development is very well-executed, which I think demonstrates the author's clear skill as the protagonists travel between worlds. There are a couple of characters that I wish had been better developed, but the ones that were most important to the story were exceptional, so I can overlook those about whom I was curious!

Perry - the central character - is such a strong young woman who knows herself and holds her own. I wish more novels had female characters as strong and realistic as she is.

There were a couple of loose threads that I wish had been tightened up a bit, but given the sheer volume to be addressed, I think the author did an excellent job with tidying up the plot.

This was a thrilling read and I will definitely be checking out more of this author's works. (Honestly, I wish there were more about this world - I think there's a lot left to mine when it comes to these worlds, the themes, and some of the more mysterious characters).

I received a copy of this novel through Voracious Readers Only.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shift.

June 17, 2018 – Shelved