B.C. Deeks's Reviews > A Magical Match

A Magical Match by Juliet Blackwell

bookshelves: mystery-paranormal

I love the Lily Ivory series and have read them in order so I know the characters as if they are friends, but….it took me a while to get into this one. There was certainly lots of story – wedding plans, a Sailor body double, mother issues (who doesn’t have them around a wedding) along with the usual murder and mayhem – but….
The connection between Lily and Sailor still isn’t really working for me and some of Lily’s inner dialogue reinforced my own lack of commitment to their upcoming union. With him in jail throughout the book for a murder he didn’t commit, I was totally with Lily as she worked to get to the bottom of the mystery and see justice done but I didn’t really miss Sailor. The rest of the plot twists and turns kept me turning pages, and the uncovering of more mysteries from Lily’s past made me want to know what her future may yet hold for her. But…the enigmatic Sailor needs to heat things up on the home front or make room for a better hero IMHO.
Of course, that means I have to read Book #10 to see if that is exactly what Juliet Blackwell has in mind! Hummmm….
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Magical Match.

June 17, 2018 – Started Reading