Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)'s Reviews > Boy Toy

Boy Toy by Sarina Bowen

bookshelves: 2018-release, arc, 4-stars, lol, romance, read-in-2018, single-parent

Nothing is sweeter than a single parent romance – unless you up the ante by making the single parent a mom of twin toddlers. You’d better brace yourself for cuteness overload in Boy Toy, the third standalone rom-com in the wildly entertaining Man Hands series.

Sadie is raising her two-year-old twin girls alone with virtually no help from her loser ex-husband. Like many women, she’s trying to balance motherhood with a career and is left feeling frazzled, guilty, and unattractive.

She used to babysit Liam when he was a teenager and Sadie was in college. He’s a man now, and what a fine specimen he has grown up to be! He looks after the twins at the new daycare facility the girls attend. Liam and Sadie’s surprise reunion reignites the huge torch he has carried for her all these years.

I liked that their age difference is addressed, but is not an issue that is beaten to death. Sadie is, however, self-conscious about her post-babies body, and it is difficult for her to believe that a hot younger man would be interested in her. The process of her getting her groove back is both sweet and funny.

Holy Mother of Ovaries! Liam can change a diaper, weight lift a toddler on each arm, diffuse temper tantrums, clean laundry on his washboard abs, cook a delicious meal, and make sweet, sweet love. At the same time. Basically he’s a panty dropping manny superhero. Seriously though, his intellect, sensitivity, and love for young children make him impossible to resist.

If you’re looking for a charming romance that will make you swoon and laugh, you should definitely check out Boy Toy.

Recommended for fans of:
Single mom romance
Older women-younger men romances
Hot mannies
Romantic comedy

*I received an early copy of this book.*
Reading Frenzy Book Blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boy Toy.

June 16, 2018 – Shelved
August 10, 2018 – Started Reading
August 11, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Carol (new) - added it

Carol This sounds very like another book that I have read and enjoyed. Can't remember the name of it. Great review, Angela.😁😁😁

message 2: by KAS (new)

KAS Sure love me a swooning romance ;) Fantastic review, Angela, and glad you really are enjoying the series! xoxo

message 3: by Judith (new)

Judith Terrific review,sweetheart x

Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog) Carol wrote: "This sounds very like another book that I have read and enjoyed. Can't remember the name of it. Great review, Angela.😁😁😁"

Let me know if you remember! Thanks. xo

message 5: by Carol (new) - added it

Carol Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog) wrote: "Carol wrote: "This sounds very like another book that I have read and enjoyed. Can't remember the name of it. Great review, Angela.😁😁😁"

Let me know if you remember! Thanks. xo"

It's driving me batty, Angela. I just remember that she was a professional woman and he was babysitting in exchange for living there and I can't remember why he needed a place to stay. Ring any bells for you. :))

message 6: by Liz (new) - added it

Liz Excellent review my friend!