Lara's Reviews > A Life Less Monogamous

A Life Less Monogamous by Cooper S. Beckett

liked it

A thirty-something couple, Ryan and Jennifer are bored, life is unsatisfying, love is unsatisfying, and they wake up after couples therapy with a mantra "today is the day we change our lives." From that point forward, they dive into chances and discover another couple who swing, and hop into that playground, too. They're not particularly prepared for it, and a lot of the actions are rash, and sometimes seems out of character. The motivations to change themselves, find excitement, however, make most of the mistakes ones the reader can empathize with. Haven't we all jumped in to some things without testing how deep the water can get first? Jennifer's bisexual leanings are rooted in past, unfilled attractions, so her relationship with Paige sort of plays out like a midlife crisis. Meanwhile, Ryan come off as less developed, which struck me as odd, considering the author is male, and I would have thought more development focus on the male characters' experiences as a result.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Life Less Monogamous.

Started Reading