Claire Robinson's Reviews > Playing Dirty

Playing Dirty by Amy Andrews

bookshelves: entangled, shit-hot-series

5 - "Let me be your dirty little secret..." Stars!

Book six in the Sydney Smoke Rugby series, finally gives us Coach’s Daughter; Valerie King’s story, and who else would the author pair her up with but the cocky new-boy; Kyle Leighton, someone who has no clue who she is or that the woman he meets in a bar and has a ONS with is so off limits, that he is potentially risking his whole career being with her.

He couldn’t remember the last time he’d wanted a woman so instantly…

This book has been a long time coming for me. Having read all of the previous books in the series, the whole dysfunctional dynamic between Val and her father has been playing out as a small secondary side story while the main characters work towards their own HEA’s.

"Tell me to stop…"

"…Not in a million years."

Everything is laid out in the open between them in Playing Dirty and while for the bulk of the book the action is mainly focused on the deliciously dirty illicit goings on between the H/h, the last 30% of the story is where everything also comes to a head with her father as well, and it put me as well as them through a bit of an emotional wringer. I literally went from laughing my ass off to sniffling into a tissue in the space of what felt like a paragraph, but seeing a strong alpha guy on his knees in an emotional sense always does that to me.

"I don’t know how to stop wanting you…"

Amy dialed up the dirty in this one too, this is a couple not afraid to let go and experiment and I enjoyed the whole story from start to finish immensely, and the epilogue was one of the best I have read for a while too. You can absolutely read this as a standalone, and for me Playing Dirty just tips Ryder’s book; Playing with Forever as my favorite.

"You give good horn…"

With Donovan and Griff still to come, all bets are off as to whether it will stay in that position by the end of the series.

Who knew going mad would be this fucking awesome..?

ARC generously provided via Netgalley in exchange for the above honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing Dirty.

June 16, 2018 – Shelved
June 16, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
June 19, 2018 – Started Reading
June 19, 2018 –
June 24, 2018 –
June 24, 2018 – Shelved as: entangled
June 24, 2018 – Shelved as: shit-hot-series
June 24, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Wow, I have not yet read anything of hers!

Claire Robinson Carol [Goodreads Addict] wrote: "Wow, I have not yet read anything of hers!"

She's one of my favorites, you should try her out ;) x

message 3: by KAS (new)

KAS Super review, Claire ;) Glad you are really enjoying this series! xoxo

♥ WishfulMiss ♥ Awesome review Claire, I read Playing House and really liked it. Didn’t even know the next one is almost here!

Claire Robinson KAS wrote: "Super review, Claire ;) Glad you are really enjoying this series! xoxo"

Thanks, KAS! I really am <3

Claire Robinson ♥ WishfulMiss ♥ wrote: "Awesome review Claire, I read Playing House and really liked it. Didn’t even know the next one is almost here!"

Thanks! Not too long to wait. I absolutely loved it, I hope you get time too read it xx

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Nice review ❤️

Claire Robinson Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• wrote: "Nice review ❤️"

Thanks xx