Jason Duby's Reviews > Kiss Kill

Kiss Kill by Dan  Noble

M 50x66

liked it

Where does the line between fiction and reality actually lie? What is the appropriate way to deal with the death of a child? These two questions sound like separate subjects, but for Erin they are intertwined on the deepest of levels. As a writer and a grieving mother, Erin has been dealing with feelings of guilt…she had written about the death of a child before the tragic accident that took her Olivia from her, Now she flirts with insanity at the same time she also meets a stranger named Mick. As the different stories of each related person get intertwined, Erin gets closer and closer to a dramatic solution to her grief and possibly her life.

This book by Dan Noble is the first in “The Girl In The Book” series, and is set in New Zealand. After reading this work, my first thought is that this is a book more for writers than for the general reader. While it has elements of romance to it, I would categorize this more as a psychological thriller that explores themes of grief, isolation, guilt, and the interplay between the written word and the real world. The characters in this book stand out as individuals, and each person’s story adds to the overall plot.

While this is not a long work, I hesitate to call it a casual read. Between the shifts in perspective and some of the ideas presented, I had to stay focused to appreciate the entire tale. As someone who has attempted to write, I also can’t say whether or not anyone who hasn’t at least tried to write will appreciate this one fully. What I can and will definitely say is that this is a unique piece and deserves a chance, even if it’s not the usual fare.

(I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book from Romance Authors That Rock. All thoughts and opinions are my own.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss Kill.

June 14, 2018 – Started Reading