Ezinwanyi's Reviews > Venom in the Veins

Venom in the Veins by Jennifer Estep

bookshelves: audiobook, paranormal-romance, review-books-completed, urban-fantasy, angsty, assassin, dwarfs

Enjoyment: ♥♥♥♥
Narration by Lauren Fortgang: ♥♥♥♥♥
Plot: ♥♥♥♥½
Writing: ♥♥♥♥½

This is one of my favorite series. I enjoy the assassin/great cook Gin Blanco and her cohorts. Since the author revealed that Gin’s family were involved with the illuminati-ish group “The Circle”, I’ve been waiting to see which one of Gin’s parents is still alive. That didn’t occur in this book but I know the deceased savant Fletcher knew which one of Gin’s parents was into shady business and I can’t wait for him to reveal it in one of his notes to the gang.

While I continue to enjoy the plot, I am impatiently waiting for the big reveal of Hugh Tucker’s motivations because he is a gray area in this story. He is portrayed as a villain, but he goes out of his way to assist Gin, Finn and Bria. So, what exactly is Hugh’s deal? I am also waiting for a villain on the level Mab Monroe. No one, not Mab’s daughter, Finn’s mom Deidra or anyone else has captured my attention like the elemental sociopath Mab Monroe. I want the Spider to have another great rival, and I am not convinced the real power behind the Circle will provide that. I hope so, but I am certainly waiting for the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Venom in the Veins.

June 14, 2018 – Started Reading