Kathy * Bookworm Nation's Reviews > River Cast

Dec 02, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: vampire, werewolves, ya-paranormal, 2011
Read in December, 2011

So I didn’t get into this second book like I did the first. I will say that I appreciate that this book was much cleaner (no sex scenes anyway). The story takes Caia and Lucien to the Center, where she can learn her magik and harness her power. It also follows Ryder on his quest to find and return Jaeden. I really liked Ryder, at least he was a gentlemen. But, to be honest, I thought their side story was a bit unnecessary. I didn’t like Lucien as much this time around. I don’t like how he went from being a powerful Alpha, to Caia’s follower. I also didn’t like how he treated Caia and how he was so blind to how his actions were affecting her. Duh. There is just too much going on in this series. Too many characters and the POV switches too many times. I will probably read the next book, but mostly to finish the series. I don’t know if I like Caia and Lucien enough to see him continue to act like an idiot and Caia become the all-powerful superhero.

Content: A little swearing (less than the first book), and no sex scenes but more implications.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read River Cast.

Kathy * Bookworm Nation Another side comment. I think the whole werewolf angle takes a backseat to all the other paranormal stuff. I really wanted to read a werewolf story and think Caia having all these extra abilities is kind of distraction. Owell.

Isabelle I totally agree with you. The story had so much potential at the beginning and then the whole story just twisted into..well..something else! unfortunately not in a positive way. I'm affraid I cannot read part 3 of the series because it would probably ruin the whole thing for me (read the recensions..oh boy-.-).how did you like the 3rd book?

Kathy * Bookworm Nation I still haven't read the last book, I'm not sure I will. I think the first books are kind of forgettable and I'm not that anxious to finish. Maybe I will on some rainy day when I have nothing else to read. :)