Matthew's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Vol. 29: Lines We Cross

The Walking Dead, Vol. 29 by Robert Kirkman

bookshelves: 2018, digital, graphic-novel, hoopla, library, series, zombies

This has been one of my favorite Walking Dead volumes in a while. A few recent volumes felt like not too much happened. This one was packed with multiple story lines, new characters, big changes for old characters, and cliffhangers galore.

I am excited to see where the story is going to go next. I had been thinking that it was moving toward conclusion, but now there are so many possibilities, I cannot imagine it ending any time soon.

What was interesting about this volume is how it feels like a very strong allegory for our current society. Of course the whole story has been a reflection of society and the extremes it will go to when put under pressure, but this issue took it to the next level with stories of leadership, grieving, trust, forgiveness, race, relationships, sexual orientation, and mental instability. It was delivered and integrated well - it did not feel too preachy or overdone.

If you are still in the early volumes or have had thoughts if checking it out, know that it is still going strong 29 volumes in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Vol. 29.

Finished Reading