Mindy Lou's Book Review's Reviews > Even Money

Even Money by Alessandra Torre

bookshelves: 2018, dark, jealous-possessive, older-man, protective-alpha, sassy-heroine

What a fantastic read! I'm so glad that I have the habit of just diving into books with little to no knowledge. I would have regretted passing on this book because if I had known the hero was married, I don't think I would have given this one a chance.

Cheating is such a grey area for people so I will say that for me, I did not view this couple as cheating. The marriage is a business relationship but a whole lot more complicated than that. That complication as well as Dario and Bell's relationship is what had me riveted to this book.

Dario is a very powerful man in Vegas. One you don't want to mess with. With just one look at Bell, he switches his laser sharp focus onto her with an intensity that makes it impossible to say no to. For such a powerful man, he's never met someone who could so easily disrupt the fragile balance of his marriage, his job and his life.

Bell is just one tiny fish in the big vast ocean full of sharks. She's focused on her job and her studies. She doesn't do relationship, only casual hookups. Due to what she suffered at 15, she's never been tempted to risk more than her body to a man. Until Dario. The one man she's willing to risk it all is unattainable.

There were so many things about this book that grabbed my attention. Dario's power and the way he pursued Bell. The way Bell stood up for herself even when she wanted to cave. The wife. The father-in-law. Claudia. You know it's all going to crumble down but you don't know how. It sucked me in and left me hanging in the end. I loved every minute of it. ARC provided by NetGalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Even Money.

June 14, 2018 – Started Reading
June 15, 2018 – Shelved as: older-man
June 15, 2018 – Shelved as: protective-alpha
June 15, 2018 – Shelved as: sassy-heroine
June 15, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Glad you enjoyed it <3 x

Mindy Lou's Book Review Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it <3 x"

Thank you, Alex! :)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Fab review Mindy!! Glad it was a winner xox

Mindy Lou's Book Review Thanks, Kat!!!

Carvanz Wow! This is an amazing review Mindy!!!

Mindy Lou's Book Review Carvanz wrote: "Wow! This is an amazing review Mindy!!!"

Thanks Carla! :)

message 7: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Lesar Fantastic review as well Mindy, I could tell that it really sucked you in. 😁

Mindy Lou's Book Review Lorraine wrote: "Fantastic review as well Mindy, I could tell that it really sucked you in. 😁"

Thanks Lorraine! :)

message 9: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Lesar Mindy Lou's Book Review wrote: "Lorraine wrote: "Fantastic review as well Mindy, I could tell that it really sucked you in. 😁"

Thanks Lorraine! :)"