tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > a rough draft re: CoLABORation

a rough draft re by Luigi-Bob Drake

bookshelves: literary-criticism, poetry

Luigi sent out an invitation to networkers that began w/:

"Seems to me that collaborative writing is a radical act. Working together to create single texts kicks at our kulture's image of The Writer as a solitary sole pounding a typewriter in a lonely garrett somewheres: it calls into question authorship/ownership assumptions; and it helps strengthen the network of geografically scattered folks doing alternative/experimental artwork worldwide. Plus the collaborative work I've seen (most extensively from presses like Luna Bisonte, Xexoxial Endarchy, and Curvd h&z) has been some really hot shit."

He asked some questions & got some responses. This 1st anthology of this material (I don't know if the hypothesized future volumes ever came to be) includes work by Robin Crozier, John M. Bennett, Al Ackerman, C Mehrl Bennett, G Huth, Bob Grumman, jwcurry, Peggy Lefler, Dimichele, Crag Hill, Liz Was, Miekal And, Kristen Ban Tepper, Charlotte Pressler, Pennie Stasic, John Eberly, Jake Berry, Nico Vassilakis, & probably others whose names I missed whilst skimming thru. All in all, this might be one of the more important publications on collaboration.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read a rough draft re.

Finished Reading