megs_bookrack's Reviews > The Cheerleaders

The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas

**4.5-stars**

The Sunnybrook High cheerleading squad was disbanded after five of the squad members ended up dead in rapid succession.

Two lost in a car accident, two murdered by an unhinged neighbor and the last, Jenn, wracked with survivor's guilt, took her own life.

Five years have passed since those terrible tragedies and the school is hoping to organize a memorial for the girls.

Monica, Jenn's little sister, gets asked to participate and unsurprisingly, it's the last thing she wants to be a part of.

Monica has never believed that Jenn would commit suicide.

The idea of a memorial creates great anxiety for her and she begins to sneak around her Step-Dad's office, a local police officer, looking for answers.

When she comes across Jenn's old cell phone in his desk, her suspicions only deepen. Why did he hold onto it?

Along with a new friend from her dance team, Monica begins to unravel a web of clues that indicate perhaps the five deaths were no coincidence, but who would go after the cheerleaders?

I listened to the audiobook for this and really enjoyed it. It has a classic mystery feel and was fast paced and compelling.

This was actually my first Kara Thomas, but now I am psyched to get to her other work!

Little Monsters, here I come!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cheerleaders.

June 14, 2018 – Shelved
June 14, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
January 18, 2020 – Started Reading
January 18, 2020 –
10.0% "Loving the writing so far! Great set-up."
January 19, 2020 –
January 19, 2020 –
January 21, 2020 –
45.0% "I'm really liking this!"
January 22, 2020 –
71.0% "I am REALLY into this, you guys!
This is my first Kara Thomas book and her writing style really agrees with me. Little Monsters has been sitting on my shelves forever, I will need to pick that one up soon!"
January 22, 2020 –
January 22, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Dita (new)

Dita This sounds awesome yet I've heard nothing about it! Thanks for putting it on my radar!

megs_bookrack Dita wrote: "This sounds awesome yet I've heard nothing about it! Thanks for putting it on my radar!"It's like Mean Girls meets Nancy Drew 😁😂❤