Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > The Tall Man

The Tall Man by Phoebe Locke

bookshelves: read-2018

The Tall Man is a fabulous book! As a big fan of paranormal thrillers did I love how the legend of the Tall Man made the basis for this book. How all three storylines in different ways had to deal with the Tall Man. But, the Tall Man is just a legend isn't he? Something to scare the little children with, he can't be real, can he?

Now, I don't say that this is a paranormal thriller, nor do I say that it isn't. It's all how the reader will perceive the story. And, in that lies the greatness of the book. It's all about how you interpret the story. I would say that perhaps there is a thing like the Tall Man, or perhaps not. Some parts really make one believe that while you still rationally try to explain it all.

What I love about the book is that the truth about what happened in the present story in the 2018s took is time to be revealed. Deliciously slowly one could say, just the way I like it and then BAM the truth is out, and its connection to the past. The last couple of chapters are so good. And, yes I'm being very vague, but honestly, this is a book that you should read with so little beforehand knowledge as possible. That's actually my attitude towards all thrillers. Much more fun to know as little as possible. So, I will say this, the writing is terrific, the story is great and I can't wait to read Phoebe Locke's next book! Also, you must definitely the book if you are a (paranormal) thriller fan!

I want to thank Headline for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tall Man.

June 14, 2018 – Started Reading