Forgetfulone's Reviews > The Swap

The Swap by Nancy Boyarsky

it was ok
bookshelves: 2018, fiction

Nicole Graves and her husband Brad agree to swap homes with a couple since Brad will be working in London for the summer, and the English couple will be travelling to L. A. Naturally, things do not go as planned. Someone is watching Nicole, and Brad is watching his colleague. The London couple never show up in L. A. Nicole realizes she is being followed by two flunkies who she believes have mistaken her for the woman whose house she is now living in. Brad, no the police, believe her story. Little by little, worse things begin to happen such as a car blowing up with the neighbor inside, and a kidnapping. Maybe Brad will believe her now, but he seems to be engrossed in his own financial mishaps. Hopefully, Brad's new "partners" won't turn on him, and hopefully, the flunkies won't find Nicole.

The thing about this book is that it was so unreal that I kept expecting Sheldon Cooper to pop out of the book and yell, "Bazinga!" I seriously thought the writing was so poorly done that maybe the author meant it to be that way, like a Kill-Bill-type situation that you can't really take seriously.

It was just "OK," so I doubt I will read anything else in the series, or anything by this author even. But if you like Kill-Bill-ish type stories, melodramatic, unrealistic, lacks coherency, then you might like it if you take it for what it is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Swap.

June 13, 2018 – Shelved