Susanne Strong's Reviews > Jar of Hearts

Jar of Hearts by Jennifer Hillier

bookshelves: netgalley, buddy-read

4 Fabulous Stars.

You know that old saying, “the past will always come back to haunt you?” Well, no one's past could ever possibly out do Georgina (Geo) Shaw’s.

Geo is now an uber successful business woman. She had the best friends in High School. The kind of friends you never forget, the kind that haunt you. They did everything together. Until the day Geo met Calvin James. He is older, absolutely gorgeous and quite devious. He is also controlling and manipulative, yet Geo is drawn to him. It’s that whole moth and flame thing yet again, and boy does she get burned. Geo, however, is not the only one.

Angela Wong (one of Geo’s best friends), is sixteen when she goes missing. Calvin James gets arrested for her murder. Fourteen years later, so does Geo. Now, instead of wearing pin-striped suits, she wears, pinstripes. Life, isn’t exactly what you’d call good. Then, right before she gets out, it gets even worse. New bodies are found - in the exact same location they found Angela And the M.O.? Well it’s her old boyfriends’ of course. Talk about a happy homecoming.

Are you intrigued yet? The answer better be yes!

“Jar of Hearts” by Jennifer Hillier was one of the better psychological suspense novels I’ve read in awhile. Though a few things were a little unbelievable, there were several jaw dropping moments that absolutely rocked. All in all, the novel was gripping, terrifying and totally cray cray and I highly recommend it.

I read this with Kaceey! We had the best time reading it together. :)

Thank you to NetGalley, St. Martin’s Press, Minotaur Books and Jennifer Hillier for an ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

Published on NetGalley, Goodreads, Twitter, Instagram and Amazon on 6.19.18.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jar of Hearts.

June 13, 2018 – Started Reading
June 13, 2018 – Shelved
June 13, 2018 – Shelved as: netgalley
June 14, 2018 – Finished Reading
June 15, 2018 – Shelved as: buddy-read

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)

Mackenzie - PhDiva Books Ooh, I have been really excited about this one! Wonderful review, Susanne!! Definitely reading this one as soon as I can get my hands on it :)

Babydimps (Suzy) Great review Susanne! So happy you enjoyed! 😊

message 3: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Sounds intriguing!

Paromjit Not surprised you had the best time reading this, Susanne....wonderful review 😍😍😍

Kaceey Excellent review Susanne!! Loved reading this one with you! This one was so good!

Susanne  Strong Mackenzie - Traveling Sister wrote: "Ooh, I have been really excited about this one! Wonderful review, Susanne!! Definitely reading this one as soon as I can get my hands on it :)"

Awesome Mackenzie! Can't wait for you to read this.. It was awesome!

Susanne  Strong Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "Great review Susanne! So happy you enjoyed! 😊"

Thanks Suzy!

Susanne  Strong Jen wrote: "Sounds intriguing!"

Thanks Jen!

Susanne  Strong Kaceey - Traveling Sister wrote: "Excellent review Susanne!! Loved reading this one with you! This one was so good!"

Thanks Kaceey! So glad we read this one together! Yippee!

Susanne  Strong Paromjit wrote: "Not surprised you had the best time reading this, Susanne....wonderful review 😍😍😍"

Thanks Paromjit! So glad you loved this one too!

message 11: by Tina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tina Fab review Susanne! I LOVED this one too! 🤗

message 12: by KAS (new)

KAS Yes, yes, I am officially intrigued ;) Sure hope to read this one soon. Fabulous review, Susanne!! 😍

message 13: by Mike (new) - added it

Mike Great review, Susanne. Eager to get my hands on this one.

message 14: by Brandice (new)

Brandice Great review, Susanne, I’ve seen a lot of intriguing reviews for this one recently!

Susanne  Strong Tina wrote: "Fab review Susanne! I LOVED this one too! 🤗"

Thanks Tina! SO glad you felt the same way!

Susanne  Strong KAS wrote: "Yes, yes, I am officially intrigued ;) Sure hope to read this one soon. Fabulous review, Susanne!! 😍"

Cool beans KAS! Looking forward to your thoughts!

Susanne  Strong Mike wrote: "Great review, Susanne. Eager to get my hands on this one."

Great Mike! Excited to see what you think!

Susanne  Strong Brandice wrote: "Great review, Susanne, I’ve seen a lot of intriguing reviews for this one recently!"

Thanks Brandice!

Meredith So glad you enjoyed this too, Susanne! Great review!

Susanne  Strong Meredith wrote: "So glad you enjoyed this too, Susanne! Great review!"

Thanks Meredith!

message 21: by Kevin (last edited Jun 19, 2018 10:45PM) (new)

Kevin Ansbro "Are you intrigued yet? The answer better be yes! "

I daren't say 'no', Susanne!!! : (

Susanne  Strong Kevin wrote: "
"Are you intrigued yet? The answer better be yes! "

I daren't say 'no', Susanne!!! : ("

Baah!!!... :)

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader This book was so good! Loved your review, Suze!

message 24: by Cheri (new)

Cheri I'm so glad that you enjoyed this one so much, Susanne! Loved your review!

message 25: by JanB (new)

JanB The answer is yes, I am intrigued :-) And I'm kicking myself for not downloading this when I had the chance! lol

Susanne  Strong Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader & Traveling Sister wrote: "This book was so good! Loved your review, Suze!"

SO glad you thought so too Jennifer! YEAH!!

Susanne  Strong Cheri wrote: "I'm so glad that you enjoyed this one so much, Susanne! Loved your review!"

Thanks Cheri! :)

Susanne  Strong JanB wrote: "The answer is yes, I am intrigued :-) And I'm kicking myself for not downloading this when I had the chance! lol"

LOLOL. Sorry Jan! Hope you get a chance to read it one of these days. :)

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Great review, Susanne! I enjoyed this one too.

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Fantastic review Suze!! So glad you and Kaceey enjoyed this one! I hope to read it. 😊💜

message 31: by Victoria (new)

Victoria If I say no, can I still say your review rocked? I'm skeeeered. 😉

Susanne  Strong Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "Great review, Susanne! I enjoyed this one too."

So glad you did too Mary Beth!

Susanne  Strong Lindsay - Traveling Sister wrote: "Fantastic review Suze!! So glad you and Kaceey enjoyed this one! I hope to read it. 😊💜"

Thanks Linds! Looking forward to your review!

Susanne  Strong Victoria wrote: "If I say no, can I still say your review rocked? I'm skeeeered. 😉"

Hahaha! You are too funny!

message 35: by Bianca (new) - added it

Bianca Wonderful review, Susanne.

Susanne  Strong Bianca wrote: "Wonderful review, Susanne."

Thanks Bianca!

message 37: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Great review! This is my first by her but will not be my last!

Susanne  Strong Jen wrote: "Great review! This is my first by her but will not be my last!"

Same here Jen! Glad you liked it too!

Elyse Walters FABULOUS first opening in your review --(its all good) -- such a ride - loved this one!!

Miriam Smith Fabulous review Susanne, reading this now myself 😊

Holly "All in all, the novel was gripping, terrifying and totally cray cray and I highly recommend it. "

Exactly!!

Susanne  Strong Elyse wrote: "FABULOUS first opening in your review --(its all good) -- such a ride - loved this one!!"

So glad you felt this way to Elyse!

Susanne  Strong Miriam wrote: "Fabulous review Susanne, reading this now myself 😊"

Thanks Miriam! Glad you loved this!

Susanne  Strong Holly wrote: ""All in all, the novel was gripping, terrifying and totally cray cray and I highly recommend it. "

Exactly!!"

Thanks Holly! Happy to see that you loved this too!

Jennifer Masterson Wonderful review, Susanne! I'm glad you had a great time reading it! :)