caturix 's Reviews > The Distance Between Me and the Cherry Tree

The Distance Between Me and the Cherry Tree by Paola Peretti

I’m a massive fan of Wonder, that was adapted into a film recently, and I can tell you right now I cried bucket loads by the end of the novel and I generally find I’m not a crier whatever the case, but with The Distance between Me and the Cherry tree, I can honestly say that I cried just as much if not more by the end of it.
It follows the narrative of 9 year old Mafalda who knows that within the best sixth months she’ll eventually lose her sight.
Now first off, this emotionally hit me because I have a nine year old sister who also loves to read, so the idea of this happening to her really caught my heart and ripped open the floodgates for my tears and sadness, and one of the most important senses no less. Your sight! That which you see the ones you love, your friends and family, the rest of the world. The idea that someone so young would lose that ability is nothing less than heartbreaking.
She must find a way through the dark future before her. A tale of courage and determination! A must read for readers of all ages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Distance Between Me and the Cherry Tree.

Finished Reading