Sarah E.'s Reviews > Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House

Fire and Fury by Michael Wolff

liked it

Updated review: Finished this one on audio via my library. I think it was easier to digest on audiobook, but I don't get the satisfaction of highlighting all the things that make sense. One of my favorite things said in the portion I listened to on audio was that Trump is "less of a person than a collection of terrible traits".

Original review:
I am DNF-ing this book at 32% (106 pages in) because I just can't bring myself to physically want to read it. It is only 328 pages and it's taking me forever to get through. I have 44 highlights so far, which is definitely breaking a record. I'm not hating it by any means, but it's taking me longer to read than I expected. Nothing in this is terribly surprising, but it is a super interesting read to say the least. I'm on the hold list at my library for the audiobook because I'm sure I'll be able to get through that. I think once I do, it'll be at least a 3 star read. I will say that I was incredibly annoyed at how pretentious the author sounded at times. I was highlighting words I had never ever even heard of.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire and Fury.

Quotes Sarah E. Liked

Michael Wolff
“George W. Bush, on the dais, supplied what seemed likely to become the historic footnote to the Trump address: “That’s some weird shit.”

Michael Wolff
“on the most basic level, Trump just did not, as Spicer later put it, give a fuck. You could tell him whatever you wanted, but he knew what he knew, and if what you said contradicted what he knew, he simply didn’t believe you.”

Michael Wolff
“The Breitbart formula was to so appall the liberals that the base was doubly satisfied, generating clicks in a ricochet of disgust and delight. You defined yourself by your enemy’s reaction. Conflict was the media bait—hence, now, the political chum. The new politics was not the art of the compromise but the art of conflict.”

Michael Wolff
“But not only didn’t he read, he didn’t listen. He preferred to be the person talking. And he trusted his own expertise—no matter how paltry or irrelevant—more than anyone else’s. What’s more, he had an extremely short attention span, even when he thought you were worthy of attention”

June 12, 2018 – Shelved
June 13, 2018 –
10.0% "Fascinating so far"
June 18, 2018 –
June 19, 2018 –
June 20, 2018 –
21.0% "For being 321 pages and me feeling like I'm reading at my average pace, this book is taking forever to get through."
June 21, 2018 –