Susan's Reviews > As the Tide Comes In

As the Tide Comes In by Cindy Woodsmall

bookshelves: first-reads-launch-team-arc

Bravo! Cindy Woodsmall and her daughter-in-law, Erin, make a fabulous team. This book digresses from Cindy Woodsmall's Amish fiction. Woodsmall fans need not fear, insightful spiritual truths are woven into this heartbreaking story of loss. It seems that Tara cannot find a break. As a young child, she is put into foster care. Just as she is ready to enter the world of adulthood on her own two feet, when at the age of 18 she takes on the responsibility of raising two half-brothers. A tragedy sends Tara's world spiraling out of control as she seeks healing and discovers the truth about her past.

While this is a story of heartbreak and grief, it is also a tremendous story of hope. It does not answer "why God let's bad things happen", but is does point out how God's faithfulness brings us to a certain place, how He molds us to become a vessel He will use. Don't let the mention of heartache keep you away, there are many moments of humor as well. The authors have given the readers a great cast of characters. Tara is a heroine that is filled with grit. The hero, Gavin, is steadfast. The Glynn Girls provide much wisdom and humor.

Although we may not have walked a similar path as Tara, the readers will take away some insight for their own purpose in life.

I look forward to reading more books by this talented team.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from author/publisher and was under no obligation to post a review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As the Tide Comes In.

June 1, 2018 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
June 1, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Hardcover Edition)
June 12, 2018 – Shelved