Felicia's Reviews > The Way We Burn

The Way We Burn by Michelle Leighton

4 EPIC MINDFUCK STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I don't know where to start so I'll start with "what in the actual fuck just happened?"

It's so hard to review this book without giving too much away.

It begins as your usual man meets woman and suddenly they're in love the next chapter. However, nothing in this story is what it seems.

As seems to be the trend of late, the story is told in alternating chapters through the eyes of Poppy and Noah. I hated Poppy, she's weak and annoying and although she's in her 30's, the writing felt more like she was a teenager.

I almost gave up on this book as the first half is the typical alpha male/damsel in distress storyline and, in my opinion, this carries on for far too long. I understand why the author did this now that I'm finished with the book but it was still offputting. Then a huge curveball is thrown in that makes you completely forget any misgivings you had about the first half. A curveball of such epic proportions it'll have you questioning your entire life. And then yet another twist tossed in just for good measure. Totally did not see either one of them coming.

A fun read with a unique twist.

FYI - This is a Kindle Unlimited book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way We Burn.

June 12, 2018 – Shelved
June 12, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
July 9, 2018 – Started Reading
July 10, 2018 –
57.0% "What in the actual fuck?"
July 11, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by sue (new)

sue Terrific review Felicia

message 2: by Meredith (new)

Meredith hmmm....I'm intrigued Felicia! I might need to check this one out. Fabulous review!

message 3: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Awesome review Felicia!

Jen/The Tolkien Gal/ジェニファー Gorgeous review, Felicia!

Felicia Thanks, ladies 💖💖💖💖

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Great review, Felicia! 💜