Serena Yates's Reviews > Betting on Love

Dec 02, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: gay
Read in November, 2011 — I own a copy

Betting on Love is an interesting mix between a love story and a mystery - that of memory loss and what happened to cause it. This psychological angle added more complications to the betting situation than any of the main characters was able to deal with on their own. I liked how they needed to come together as part of the solution.

Zach is a bit of an airhead in the beginning. I was really upset with him for accepting a bet to seduce Len; the potential for real hurt was huge. Luckily, it became obvious really soon that Zach didn't keep up an act, but was truly interested in Len. Unfortunately, this was not as clear to Len as it should have been. But, sometimes a stupid bet leads to major revelations and in this case, that is a good thing.

Len is deeply troubled, but has no idea what caused some of his issues. The tension around his situation added a nice level of suspense. When he blames himself for getting Zach hurt I wanted to shake some sense into him, but luckily he figured it out.

If you like mysteries with a suspenseful psychological angle, new lovers fighting obstacles from their past and watching a loving relationship build out of the ashes of past issues, you will probably like this book.

NOTE: This book was provided by Silver Publishing for the purpose of a review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betting on Love.