Tonja Drecker's Reviews > The Blustery Day

The Blustery Day by Caroline L. Thornton

A blast of wind can be so frustrating yet adventurous in this cute tale, whichTh draws so many unexpected things together.

It's a windy, blustery day. So much so that an umbrella goes flying from the hand and off to a great adventure, which draws in a variety of fun characters and situations.

Every page is bright, cheerful and full of excitement as readers/listeners follow a red umbrella on its adventures as it's blown across the land. The creatures it meets are interesting as well as add the right touch to the story. There's something unexpected on each page, which is sure to keep listeners glued to the book until the very end.

The story is written in four-line rhymes, most flowing beautifully. The vocabulary reflects the author's Scottish origins and will especially be fun for American readers as they explore and learn a few new terms and words. In any case, the entire book leaves a smile on the face and is sure to be read again and again.

I received a complimentary copy and enjoyed it so much that I wanted to leave my honest thoughts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blustery Day.

June 12, 2018 – Started Reading