Pat's Reviews > The Night Market

The Night Market by Jonathan   Moore

I loved, loved, loved it! I must admit I had no idea what to expect when I started this book but it sucked me in from the first page. It wasn't long before I was thinking - what the actual fuck is going on here?

The Night Market is a delicious, somewhat dystopian look at the near future, it's a vision of how things could be and it's not pretty. But the writing and plot had me transported. It's Gotham City, Sin City with Bruce Willis or Mickey Rourke playing the lead cop, inspector Ross Carver. There's a hint of Bladerunner so I can see Sean Young there as well, maybe not as Mia, she would have to be a delicate blonde but definitely the singer, Hadley. The future has never looked so shiny, or so bleak. But roll up folks and buy the latest gadgets - you know you want to! You can't help yourself. Think Umbrella Corporation, there's no virus but the danger is just as deadly and contagious.

Can a small band of brave souls put a dent in the voracious capitalist machine that controls our lives. you'd better hope so or this future might be here before you know it. Phew, i think I managed to give you a flavor without any actual clues. Trust me it's better that way. And put your smartphone down right now!

I'll say one thing for Jonathan Moore, his books are all very different. This one is by the best in my opinion and I'll certainly keep an eye out for his next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Market.

Finished Reading
June 11, 2018 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Brenda Awesome review, Pat!

message 2: by Pat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pat Thanks Brenda. I loved that the book was a bit different and twisted.

Brenda Pat wrote: "Thanks Brenda. I loved that the book was a bit different and twisted."

I’m in the mood for something different and just requested this from my library. Honestly, I was surprised they had it!

message 4: by Pat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pat Brenda wrote: "Pat wrote: "Thanks Brenda. I loved that the book was a bit different and twisted."

I do hope you enjoy it, it does screw with your brain a bit.

Mackenzie - PhDiva Books Wonderful review, Pat!! I've never heard about this one, but it sounds so interesting!!

message 6: by Brandice (new)

Brandice Great review!

message 7: by Pat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pat Thanks Mackenzie and Brandice. It was very interesting. The thing about Jonathan Moore is his books are all very different from each other.