Merrybrains Book Reviews's Reviews > Bend Your Knees & Do Your Best

Bend Your Knees & Do Your Best by Kalyani

Fiction Leaves me feeling content. Complete. At peace.

The book is so hefty that I sometimes use this as my dumbbells. Well, I started reading this book last June and its almost 10 months now. I have finally finished this book. On a side note, you can bend your knees but you won't be able to bend the book. The Book is whopping 530+ pages. Is it bad? Honestly, there were many parts which seemed to slog a bit or a bit too much. The pace of the book is decent but the gigantic 530+ pages should have hit the gym and be a little slimmer if it did go through some good editing. On the other hand, it makes it a well-lit read and doesn't get too heavy which makes this book a good read. That’s my take on it- I love light reads in fiction and I absolutely love this paperback.

Talking about Outer beauty. the cover and blurb are appealing especially if you are working in the IT sector. Bend your knees - No romance here. Just bend your knees and do your best.

Kalyani has many strengths as a first-time novelist, including lovely pacing, sensual prose and the ability to capture the warmness of the human spirit through her protagonist Kalyani and her friend Hiranya. Kalyani- for sure has the potential to become a literary prodigy. Her witty one-liners, raw content should stay. but her drag and brag in some place needs to cut-down. The author had the prudence to include a glossary at the end of the book and this should really help the readers.

Refreshingly, the IT research jargons in this novel are never window dressing, as the storytelling beauty of Kalyani is integral to the plot. And the story takes unexpected turns on its way to a beautiful conclusion. It is a magnificent novel. Do not miss, this novel is often uproariously funny.

Read the complete review in MerryBrains Blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bend Your Knees & Do Your Best.

June 11, 2018 – Started Reading