Alaina's Reviews > An American Cinderella: A Royal Love Story

An American Cinderella by Krista Lakes

50620706
Very cute.

An American Cinderella: A Royal Love Story is obviously a Cinderella re-telling. The chemistry between the two main characters was alright - nothing really special about it. The evil stepmother was a bitch and I hated her so much. You didn't really see the step-sister and all you really know about her is that she's a birdbrain kind of woman who only gets a job because of her mother.

Aria, aka Cinderella, is living her best life. She has her dream job... for about a day. WHY? Well because her stepmom deemed her unfit for that special position and wanted her back at her old job. Scanning mysterious documents that she wanted information off of. Oh yeah, you guessed her. Her stepmom was trading secret information with companies so that they made money off of their "deals". So yeah, I hated her stepmom so much.

Now the romance, if you could call that, was just meh. I liked them together and everything.. but I didn't really feel the sparks between them. This also made me think of it being turned into a Hallmark or Lifetime kind of movie as well. Which, again... means MEH. Or cheesy?

In the end, the ending was just okay. Yeah, they got their happily ever after and everything. The stepmom went to jail for what she did. It was okay, predictable even.. but also kind of bit anti-climactic? I guess I was just expecting some kind of spectacular ending. I liked it enough though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An American Cinderella.

June 10, 2018 – Started Reading