Kelly's Reviews > Never Love a Highlander

251943
Dec 01, 2011

bookshelves: historical, 2012-favorites, read-in-2012
Read from August 03 to 11, 2012

I was told at some point or another that I would cry while reading this book. Since I'm clearly not a crier *pointed look at everybody who would say differently for them to keep their stinking mouths shut*, I kinda, sorta put off reading it. I can now say, with confidence, that this book did, indeed, make me cry. MORE THAN ONCE!

Caelen and Rionna's romance was sweet and tense and full of sexy. He views the world through the eyes of a man who was sorely betrayed once before. She's wary of him because his vision of how a wife should act is very different from the reality of Rionna herself. She's learned to protect herself and would fight alongside the men in her clan, he wants a dutiful wife who will acquiesce without a fight. At least, that's what he thinks he wants.

This book concluded the trilogy nicely. We got some smokin' hot lovin' between Rionna and Caelen, the brothers have each found their place and are thriving, and the bad guy gets his just desserts. I must admit that those Highlanders really have their fighting and loving down, don't they? Needless to say, Maya Banks' storytelling abilities continue to leave me breathless. And maybe teary-eyed. Although I'm not admitting to that last part. Huge, happy *thumbs up* to this incredibly satisfactory ending.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Love a Highlander.