Arys's Reviews > Just One of the Royals

Just One of the Royals by Leah Rooper

Just One of the Royals by Leah and Kate Rooper is book 2 of the Chicago Falcons series. Daniel Sacachelli is the quintessential, All American , motorcycle riding, hockey playing bad boy. Except he's not, really. Madison Myong comes from a successful immigrant family and is destined to become a Doctor. Except she doesn't want to. Each is the best friend who wants to be with the other, but can't make the first move.

When Daniel's secret is revealed, that he is the bastard prince of Eldonia he needs to clean up his image in order to save his family and his kingdom. Madison steps in to help him and their fake relationship, that both had wanted to be real, is born. I enjoyed the real life issues that each of these characters grappled with. What their wishes and wants are versus what their family expects and needs. On the surface these characters are very different, but inside they have so much in common. They need each other, and not just for the superficial reasons.

Overall I enjoyed Just One of the Royals by Leah and Kate Rooper and felt it was fun story which used the idea of a hidden prince plot as a way to tell a story about finding yourself and balancing personal desires with greater commitments.

(I voluntarily reviewed an advance review copy of this book I received for free from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for my open and honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just One of the Royals.

June 8, 2018 – Started Reading