Kimmie's Reviews > Tying the Scot

Tying the Scot by Jennifer Trethewey

F 50x66

Oh my God what a wonderful story! Which is a totally amazing book. This story is extremely well written thought out period and extremely accurate.
This is Declan and Caya's story. Now he has prophetic dreams in his dreams about his future wife. It when he sees her he knows he must have her. Being extremely good at Cards when her brother approaches to play a game of Napoleon he does not refuse. He is about to let him win when he does being speak on his sister as part of the prize. So when he wins she's better off with him than with her brother. But they are both in for a surprise when they reach the lyrics house. And he advises Declan that he cannot win a girl in cards and expect her to marry him. My favorite part of this book is when she makes Cornish pasties for Declan is a thank you and she tells the story of how they were used down in the mines. And how the edges kept the food clean so that the miners didn't ingest any of the arsenic that was on their hands. I've actually seen this story and know that is historically accurate. Not only do you get a wonderful romance you get a history lesson as well. But when they finally get things right an evil person comes for Caya. And now he has to rush to save her before it is too late.
Now before I ruin this for you I will leave off here. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did. If you do like this book, please consider leaving a review. The Authors really like it when you do; they value your opinions too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tying the Scot.

Started Reading