Marji Laine's Reviews > Protection for Hire

Protection for Hire by Camy Tang

Dec 01, 2011

bookshelves: christian, mystery, romance, suspense

Protection for Hire has a twisted plot set in the shadowy underworld of the San Francisco mafia. As I read, I felt over and over again the helplessness of the case. There was no safety. No way out. The tension with the entire situation never gave release. Just as answers showed up on the radar, new problems cancelled them out. The energy stayed amped, but avoided frustration. Ms. Tang also avoided bookmark spots; I couldn't put the story down!

While Tessa's journey provided the impetus of the story, other characters brought charm to a new level. I really liked Charles, but his mother and her friend were downright delightful and not just because they were from the South. Or maybe it was! Either way, I could totally identify with them!

Protection for Hire is full of humor and shares a powerful message of grace and trust. The story moves the reader as well as entertains. I give it 4 1/2 kisses.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Protection for Hire.

December 1, 2011 – Started Reading
page 11
3.28% "Proloque intriguing."
December 3, 2011 –
page 75
22.39% "I'm really liking Tessa. Shows just enough anger to be real, but has so much compassion."
page 100
29.85% "This feels like an impossible situation and I know it's still going to get worse! Mmmmm!"
page 160
47.76% "Starting to like the romance that's developing! The chemistry digs past appearance - love that!"
page 214
63.88% "Oh that was a good part! Gotta go pick up my girl! Rats! Love my girl; hate interruptions!"
page 273
81.49% "Another good part - and with a sweet section, too. Love the way Camy blends the excitement right into the emotion."
December 4, 2011 – Finished Reading