Barb Lie's Reviews > Her Super-Secret Rebound Boyfriend

Her Super-Secret Rebound Boyfriend by Kerri Carpenter

Her Super-Secret Rebound Boyfriend by Kerri Carpenter is a sweet cute romantic story of a fake romance that turns into the real thing.

Lola McBride, our heroine, is a shy librarian, who is coming off a break up and her roommate, Frankie convinces her that she needs to get out and have some fun. After much convincing, they end up at a high school reunion (not their school) using names of those not attending. Lola spots a hot looking guy, who approaches her.

Luke Erickson, our hero, attends the reunion only because his friends put him on the spot. When he spies a beautiful girl, Luke decides to introduce himself and in a short time, Lola’s gig is up, as Luke used to date the girl’s name she took. However, Luke thinks it’s funny, and says he will keep her secret, if she will do a favor for him.

Luke wants no permanent relationships in his life, as he is haunted by his father leaving him and his family years before; he never wants to allow himself feel the hurt again. His family (mother & 3 sisters), are very close and loyal, but they drive him crazy, pressuring him to find a girl to marry. Luke tells Lola he would like her to be his pretend girlfriend at his upcoming family’s reunion. Lola though not liking to lie agrees to help Luke.

What follows is a cute, fun story, as Luke and Lola begin to spend time going out to dinner, so they learn more about each of their lives for their pretend romance; which includes about Luke’s father & Lola having no family left. When they attend the reunion, Lola finds herself loving being around Luke’s family, who welcome her with open arms. When the reunion is over, instead of ending things, Luke and Lola find they are both attracted to each other. Soon another visit to Luke’s house has Lola feeling like part of the family, and Luke feeling things he refused to acknowledge. But his relationship fears are deep rooted. Will Lola and Luke find a way to stay together?

As I said above, this story was a cute, fun and a fast read. I thoroughly enjoyed Lola and Luke, as well as his family. Frankie, her best friend, was a fanatic of the Golden Girls television show, and used many things from that show throughout the story. Her Super- Secret Rebound Boyfriend was a refreshing and charming read. This is my first book by Kerri Carpenter, and I will be looking out for more books from her.

Barb
The Reading Cafe
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Super-Secret Rebound Boyfriend.

Started Reading