tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > The Lemon Trip - a coloring book

The Lemon Trip - a coloring book by Lina Hoshino

liked it
bookshelves: artists-books

There shd be a name for the genre of "documenting trips by anthropomorphized objects". My friend Dave Bakker documents his travels w/ a boy mannequin named Bud & he has a website for it. There was the famous stolen lawn gnome project. & there's this thing by my (long-lost-touch-w/) friend Nathan Long. Here, a sculpture of a lemon is taken on various adventures fotoed & described. A sample of the narration:

"We began the trip in Chicago where we visited the Chicago Art Institute.

Although we had to pay to get in, the information booth people said the lemon could enter without charge.

But the guard told us that the lemon was too large to carry in. When we told her the lemon was entering on its own she said that it couldn't come in because it was considered art.

The lemon, now validated by the art world, celebrated its new status over dinner.

We took the lemon down to the shore of Lake Michigan. We had to stop and show it to a woman who suspected we were trying to drown a small child who might have been stuffed inside."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lemon Trip - a coloring book.