Jen.'s Reviews > Flights of Fancy

Flights of Fancy by Jen Turano

bookshelves: netgalley

May I have your attention please?

I’ve just read my first book by Jen Turano.

And, now I must collect everything she’s ever published!!

Flights of Fancy, the first book in Jen Turano’s new American Heiresses series features an heiress in disguise, a quirky elderly uncle, rogue barnyard animals, four adorable ginger-haired children, a slimy villain and one dashing hero!

I instantly loved each character in this book! Isadora Delafield is adorably long-winded and has an explanation for everything. Ian MacKenzie is a gentle giant who’s worked his way to the top but is humble enough to remember where he came from. Every single supporting character from the children, to Uncle Amos and Aunt Birdie, to Beatrix and everyone in between were just so perfectly well-written. (And, I’m seriously hoping that one of the forthcoming books in this series will please be about Beatrix? Pretty please?!?!)

This book had action, tenderness, rich historical details, adventure and humor. This book had a ton of humor – honest to goodness laugh out loud humor!! The balance of the humorous scenes with a heartfelt or adventurous moment was so well done! The plot had several twists and turns to keep my Kindle’s electronic pages flipping! Each scene was so vividly described I felt like I was right there with them!

I can’t say much more, because…well…spoilers. But! One thing’s for sure. After reading Flights of Fancy, I will never look at someone named Nigel or Percival the same way ever again!

Five Well-Deserved Stars! I highly recommend this book…and I would read it again!! Flights of Fancy will be available January 1, 2019. You don’t want to miss this book!

I received an advanced copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers through NetGalley. A positive review was not required. All opinions expressed are completely my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flights of Fancy.

June 6, 2018 – Shelved
June 6, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
November 13, 2018 – Started Reading
November 13, 2018 – Shelved as: netgalley
November 13, 2018 –
November 14, 2018 –
November 15, 2018 –
26.0% "Oh my stars...LOL!!!"
26.0% ".
LOL!!!!!"
November 17, 2018 –
November 17, 2018 –
November 18, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Joleen (new)

Joleen I've always enjoyed her humor. One liners galore!

Jen. Joleen wrote: "I've always enjoyed her humor. One liners galore!"
This was an impressive book!! I can't wait to read more of her books!

Lisa at Farm Fresh Adventures Really? Your first? Oh girlfriend you have a lot of catching up to do! LOl.

Jen. Lisa wrote: "Really? Your first? Oh girlfriend you have a lot of catching up to do! LOl."
I know, right?!?! LOL Something to look forward to! :)

message 5: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Great review! I love Turano's books!

Jen. Laura wrote: "Great review! I love Turano's books!"
Thanks! I'm excited about all the books I now get to read! :)