Roberta Blablanski's Reviews > Thrown Off Track

Thrown Off Track by Tamsen Parker

71192752

bookshelves: rockstars, arc-for-review, ace-rep, mm

***ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review.***

If you've read any of my other reviews of rock star romances, you know that rock stars are my kryptonite, and Thrown Off Track did not disappoint. The story has funny moments, serious moments, and informative--without being preachy and boring--moments.

Teague is a gentle giant trying to figure out his sexual identity and is confused by his "pants-feels" for Christian. Christian is the quiet, introspective best friend and band mate who is harboring his own secret crush for Teague. Teague finally takes action and attempts to show Christian how he feels. I love how Christian helps Teague navigate his sexuality and helps educate him. I also love how consent is such a big part of the story. The respect they have for each other is sweet, and I appreciated how the author makes their intimate moments hot while establishing boundaries. The heated argument, resulting in each saying some pretty nasty and hurtful things to the other, is one I could see happening between best friends and lovers.  I am excited to read the other band members' stories to be released in this series.

In short, the "schmoopiness" is adorable, the development of the MCs relationship is enlightening, and the conflict is realistic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thrown Off Track.

June 6, 2018 – Started Reading